Sunday, December 9, 2012

Lists of Lists

I could barely function this morning.  Not because of depression, oh no, because of hypomania.  I'm making lists today.  This is not new to me.  I'm a listmaker, baby, a listmaker.  But today, my focus was so off track that my list of things to do contained lists to make, and those lists contained lists of other lists to make.

ugh. To quote a cliche, "I hate it when that happens."

Remember the ads for Faberge Organics shampoo and conditioner?  "So I told two friends, and so on, and so on, and so on?" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCjmDI4AJlk


Yeah, a geometric progression.  It was driving me crazy.  I was jumping from topic to topic at an amazing rate, I was conquering the world!  I was in ORBIT! 

I couldn't get out of the shower fast enough to start working on the tasks on my lists, I couldn't get dressed fast enough to start working on the tasks on my list!  Time couldn't pass quickly enough for me to start working on the tasks on my list. Things that I needed to do this afternoon, tomorrow, this week, next week, next month, next year.  Good heavens.  Help me.

And I knew one of the ways to deal with this is to write it down.  Write down the list.  Write down the idea(s). Get it out of the head by writing it down.  But, of course, I was so revved that I couldn't slow down enough to actually get a piece of paper and a pencil and write.  And, yep, you guessed it, getting a piece of paper and a pencil went onto the list!

So I drove myself crazy to the point of inertia.  My brain was moving so fast that I simply could not move.  And that was driving me crazy! So much to do!  Get up!  Do it!  Now!  Vite! Schnell! Go, baby, go!! Pick One!  Do It!  But I couldn't.  I just could not choose.

Hence, today's post (which was an item on the list of lists).  Indeed, my list of lists listed "make a blog post"  But that led to another list:  "list of things to post about."  And that led to another list of "things to talk about" for each of the post topics.

So, OK, here's one task crossed off of the list (for now).

(By the way -- I used Faberge Organics (With pure wheat germ oil and honey) when I was a teenager, and I just realized I really really miss it!  I loved it!  Is it still available?  Ugh, another thing to add to the list:  Find out about Faberge Organics shampoo and conditioner!  Buy some!  Wash your hair!)



No comments:

Post a Comment